Carbon fibre is a popular material for aesthetic car parts, such as body kits, spoilers, and diffusers, due to its sleek and modern appearance. However, if not properly maintained, carbon fibre can lose its lustre and even become damaged. Here are some tips on how to properly maintain and care for your carbon fibre aesthetic car parts from Twenty Two Tuning.
- Keep your carbon fibre parts clean. Regular washing and waxing will help to protect the surface of your carbon fibre parts from dirt, grime, and other contaminants that can dull its appearance. Use a gentle car wash soap and a soft sponge or microfiber cloth to avoid scratching the surface.
- Avoid harsh chemicals. Carbon fibre is a delicate material and can be damaged by strong chemicals, such as gasoline, brake fluid, and windshield wiper fluid. Avoid exposing your carbon fibre parts to these chemicals, and if they come into contact, clean them immediately with a mild soap and water solution.
- Use a UV protectant. The sun's UV rays can fade and damage the surface of carbon fibre over time. To protect your parts, apply a UV protectant regularly, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Avoid abrasive cleaning tools. Carbon fibre is a soft and delicate material, and using abrasive tools, such as steel wool or scouring pads, can scratch and damage the surface. Use soft, non-abrasive tools for cleaning and waxing your carbon fibre parts.
- Store your carbon fibre parts properly. When not in use, store your carbon fibre parts in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. This will help to protect the surface from fading and damage.